Taking Digital Health to the Next Level
At Health Navigator, our goal is to improve the patient and provider experience with evidence-based clinical content. Health Navigator content is used in e-visit check-in processes, symptom checkers, health bots, and telemedicine platforms. If you are building or updating any of these applications, we can help!
Health Navigator symptom-checking technology helps your company build consumer apps that engage and have a conversation with a patient. Our content set gives you the power to:
- Understand the patient’s main symptom or problem using natural language processing.
- Perform a rapid medical history. Ask patients the right follow-up questions for their problem, in plain English or their preferred language.
- Promote shared health care decision-making.
What are the three things patients want to know when they are sick?
- What could be causing these symptoms? Identify the possible causes for symptoms.
- Do I need to see the doctor and when? Guide patients to the correct level of care.
- What can I do now to treat these symptoms? Deliver relevant symptom-based care advice.
Health Navigator can help you develop applications that answer each of these questions and create a personalized, near-human experience.
Telehealth and AI: Improving Communication and Documentation
Natural Language Processing (NLP) is technology that allows computers to automatically capture and process information from humans. NLP is considered “narrow artificial intelligence” because it’s focused on one task. Companies use Health Navigator’s NLP engine to convert consumer, reason-for-visit, free-text input into acuity-coded chief complaints, diseases, and conditions.
You can use our NLP engine and other decision support tools to develop AI applications like health bots. The Health Navigator NLP engine:
- Converts patient free-text into a clinical vocabulary of Coded Chief Complaints.
- Understands common misspellings and slang.
- Prioritizes symptoms and problems based on severity.
- Automatically assigns ICD10 and SNOMED codes and other metadata.
Are you ready for cold and flu season?
Fall is upon us, and that means cold and flu season will soon follow. It’s time to remind patients to get their flu shot and how to avoid common illnesses. Health Navigator provides seasonal topics in our After Care Instructions (ACI):
- Common cold
- Cough and/or sore throat
- Sinus pain and congestion
And what comes after fall? The dreaded winter. Experts already predict this winter will be colder than the last, especially in the southern U.S. Make sure your digital health platform is ready for the influx of winter-related complaints like frostbite, depression (winter blues), and the ever-present flu. Ask us about our ACI index.
Health Navigator Featured News
Learn how our NLP engine supports patients in this recent EMR & EHR article.
We were mentioned in a recent article about artificial intelligence in health care and symptom-checking technology.
Health Navigator CEO and chief medical officer, Dr. David Thompson, writes about translation in telemedicine in AnswerStat magazine.
Amy Window, Health Navigator vice president of business development, had an article published in Becker’s Hospital Review about AI in medical encounters.
Read a recent article in Telemedicine magazine by Health Navigator CEO Dr. David Thompson and Jeanine Feirer, RN, Marshfield Clinic.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with Health Navigator by signing up below: