Markets Served | Electronic Health Records (EHR)
In an electronic health record that includes a patient portal, a patient may type in a message to the doctor about their symptoms. But what does that message look like when it’s received by the doctor? A “blob” of text? Undecipherable symptoms? If the symptoms were presented in clinical terms and ranked by acuity, it would enhance the clinician’s ability to make quick, accurate decisions.
The Health Navigator platform delivers tools to improve the patient and provider experience for electronic health record companies:
- A proprietary clinical vocabulary for capturing and storing the chief complaint.
- Natural language processing engine that converts patient free-text symptoms into severity-coded chief complaints.
- Nearly 500 multi‐lingual, symptom‐ based, rapid medical history templates for patient e‐visit self‐intake.
- Documentation checklists to support telemedicine providers (doctors, NPs, PAs).
- A diagnosis engine that generates a list of possible causes, based on age, gender and symptoms.
- All delivered through an easy-to-use and well-documented application programming interface.
EHR companies are looking for ways to increase the utilization of their patient-facing portals. EHR companies can use Health Navigator solutions to build portals with the following functionalities:
- Symptom-based eVisit intake forms.
- Artificial intelligence to understand the patient’s symptoms.
- Triage symptom checkers and health bots.
EHR companies are also looking for ways to deliver value to providers and improve the user experience. EHR companies can use Health Navigator solutions to add the following capabilities:
- EVisit intake processes. Present symptom-based rapid medical history templates to the patient, capture the responses, and pass them into the provider for review.
- Differential diagnosis. Generate a list of possible causes for a patient’s symptoms.