Macadamian – Alexa Skill
The Alexa Skill shown here is a voice-enabled triage symptom checker developed by Macadamian leveraging Health Navigator’s triage engine. Based on user-entered symptoms, the skill provides answers to consumer questions such as:
- How serious are my symptoms?
- Is this an emergency?
- Do I need to see a doctor? When?
- Can I take care of this problem at home?
Macadamian leveraged its expertise in conversational user experience design and digital health platform development to develop an automated triage solution available to users through an Alexa device. The skill uses Health Navigator’s clinical vocabulary, natural language processing (NLP) engine, clinical documentation support capabilities, and triage engine, all delivered live through a cloud-hosted application programming interface (API).
There are three different clinical vignettes shown in this 5-minute video:
- Alexa interaction with a woman with symptoms of a simple bladder infection (uncomplicated cystitis).
- Alexa interaction with a young man who has insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and starts vomiting.
- Alexa interaction with a mother whose child has cold symptoms and a fever.
See it in action here… and contact us if you would like to learn more!